Holding AKC and ASFA Lure Coursing events
| OKIGO ASFA Trials Page
Last updated Last updated July 26th 2019 Friday
| Amy Balthrop
| Holly Hamilton
Early entry fee: $15 per hound
Early entries close Wednesday August 21, 2019 9PM EDST at FTS address
Day of Trial entry fee: $25 per hound
Day of Trial Entries close 8 A.M. at the FTS table
ASFA All-Breed Lure Field Trial
OKI Gazehound Organization
August 24-25, 2019
Twin Towers Park
640 W Yellow Springs Fairfield Rd
Yellow Springs OH 45387
PLEASE DO NOT PARK ON THE GRASS
Day of Trial Phone: 614-260-7821
Permission has been granted by the American Sighthound Field Association (ASFA) for the holding of this event under ASFA rules and regulations. Audrey
OKI Gazehound Organization Officers
• President – Charlie Denslow;
• Vice President – Don White
• Secretary – Diana Knoth
• Treasurer – KC Artley
• Delegates: AKC – Denise Tresselt, ASFA –Gayle Kytta
Judges and Assignments (* = provisional, # = Canadian judge, S=single judge)
• Frances Abrams, Yellow Springs, OH
• Amy Balthrop, Taylor MI
• Holly Hamilton Cincinnati, OH
• Lee Warden, Ortonville,
Field Trial Committee
• Field trial chair:
Field trial secretary:
180 Hidden Creek Dr, Galloway, OH 43119,
Steve Artley, Don White, Joe Shoemaker, Jeff Leonard, Gayle Kytta
Louise Fleming, Susan Wagener, Marta Heberding, Denise Tresselt, Karen
Rockwell. Becky Blansett
Ribbons or rosettes will be offered for all placements,
1st (blue), 2nd (red), 3rd (yellow), 4th (white), NBQ (green), High Scoring Single (navy/gold), Best of Breed (purple/gold), & Best in Field (red/white/blue). Other prizes may be offered by OKIGO and friends of OKIGO.
7:00 A.M. until one hour after the last scored course of the day
Day of Trial Entries Close: 8:00 A.M.
Roll Call: 8:30 A.M.
Please Note the be;pw information
• Make checks payable to "OKIGO" in US funds.
• Do NOT send entries "signature required".
• Entries will NOT be acknowledged by mail.
• Late, incomplete, or unpaid entries will not be accepted. •
• Entries may be acknowledged by e-mail if a legible e-mail address is provided on the entry form.
• There will be a $25 fee for any returned check(s).
Eligible Breeds & Registry
Only purebred Afghan Hounds, Azawakhs, Basenjis, Borzoi, Cirnecho dell'Etna, Greyhounds, Ibizan Hounds, Irish Wolfhounds, Italian Greyhounds, Pharaoh Hounds, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Salukis, Scottish Deerhounds, Silken Windhounds, Sloughis, Whippets and Provisional breeds may be entered in the regular stakes. Current Provisional breed: none. Limited breeds may be entered in the Limited Stake or the Singles Stake. Limited breeds currently include purebred Chart Polski, Galgo Español, Magyar Agar, Peruvian Inca Orchid, Portuguese Podengo (Pequeno), and Portuguese Podengo (Medio & Grande), and must be individually registered with the appropriate registry. All entries shall be individually registered with the AKC (ILP/PAL included), the NGA, the UKC, the FCI, an ASFA-recognized foreign or ASFA Board approved registry, or possess a CRN from the SPDBS. A photocopy of acceptable registry must be submitted with each hou
Regular Stakes Offered
Any eligible sighthound, excluding ASFA Field Champions of record, that has met the certification requirements.
FIELD CHAMPION STAKE
Any ASFA Field Champion of record.
Any eligible sighthound that has met the certification requirements and whose age is at least six years, except Irish Wolfhounds, whose age shall be at least five years, and Afghan Hounds, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Salukis, and Whippets, whose age shall be at least seven years Points go toward V-FCh or V-LCM titles.
Any eligible sighthound of a Limited breed that has met certification requirements. Not eligible to compete in Best of Breed or Best in Field.
Any eligible sighthound including those disqualified to run in other stakes. Each hound runs alone. Not eligible for Best of Breed or Best in Field. Hounds are eligible to earn TCP and CPX titles from the Singles stake. Limited breeds are not eligible for these titles.
BEST IN FIELD WILL BE OFFERED SATURDAY ONLY.
Conditions of Entry
• All entries must be one year or older on the day of the trial
• Stakes will be split into flights by public random draw if the entry in any regular stake is 20 or more
• Bitches in season, lame hounds and hounds with breed disqualifications will be excused at roll call.
• Spayed, neutered, monorchid or cryptorchid hounds without breed disqualifications may be entered.
• Hounds with breed disqualifications are not eligible to enter except in the Single Stake
• Hounds not present at the time of roll call will be scratched.
• All hounds will run twice, in trios if possible or braces (except in the Single Stake), unless excused, dismissed or disqualified.
• Gas- or battery-powered continuous loop lure machines will be used, with backup equipment on site.
• The lure will consist of highly visible white or black plastic strips and/or fur strips
• Course may be altered as required by weather or field conditions
• A $5.00 fine will be collected from the handler of any non-competing hound running loose on the field during the course in progress, and from any person not cleaning up after his/her hound.
See course plan\paddock below
Motels (check for current dog policies and restrictions)
• Red Roof Inn, 937–426-6116, Fairborn, I-675 & Fairfield Road.
• Red Roof Inn, 937–325-5356, 155 W. Leffel, Springfield, I-70 & Rt 72.
• Red Roof Inn, 937–898-1054, Miller Lane, Dayton, I-75 exit 59 first exit South of I-70.
• Red Roof Inn, 937–866-0705, 222 Byers Rd., Dayton, I-75 & Rt 725 West.
Camping is allowed and free. Limited electric hookups. If the gate to the Park is locked, call
Dayton Med-Vet Emergency Veterinary Clinic
2714 Springboro Rd W
Dayton, OH 45439
From the Park:, Rurn left (West) on Fairfield-Yellow—Springs Road, left at the traffic light (Route 235), I-675 South to I-35 West to I-75 South, exit 50A, Dryden Road, go under I-75 then left at first road (traffic light), Clinic is on the left.
Directions to the Trial Site
From South: I-75 to south of Dayton. Take I 675 NE. about 20 miles. Exit at Route 235 Fairborn and turn left on route to 35 north. Go 0.5 miles and turn right at Yellow-Springs-Fairfield Road. Go 3.5 miles to the park on the right.
From the North/West: I-70 to east of Dayton, then exit on I 675 south. (ignore the Route 235 exit off of I-70). On I-670 go south 3 miles and exit at Route 235 (Fairborn). Go right on route 235, North 0.5 miles and turn right at Yellow-Springs-Fairfield Road. Go 3.5 miles to the Park on the right.
From East: I-70 to West of Springfield, then exit on route 68 South (Xenia/Yellow Springs). On route 68 go South 6 miles, past Young’s Dairy, and turn right at Yellow-Springs-Fairfield Road. Go 2 miles to the park on the left.
The coursing field is next to the pavilion. Do not park on the grass
• Bring your own shade and water.
• Lunch will be available for donation on-site. Fast food places are within a few miles.
• HOUND CERTIFICATIONS ($5.00) and practice after the trial on Saturday, conditions permitting.
• Practice is free to members of OKIGO and event workers, as designated by the field trial chairman;$2.00
per dog for all others.
• A $5.00 fine will be collected from the handler of any non-competing hound running loose on the field
during the course in progress, and from any person not cleaning up after his/her hound.
• The Greene County Park rules do NOT allow alcoholic beverages on the Park grounds.
• Go to www.asfa.org for the latest Rulebook, Policies, Contacts, Clubs, Trial Schedules, Trial Results &
Course Plan \ Paddock